In Conversation with the Rosenbach: Q&A Event on 27 April

The Rosenbach Museum & Library

The Rosenbach houses the collections of the Rosenbach brothers, two of the most prominent antiquarians and successful rare book dealers of the 20th century. Among its treasures are major collections of rare books and manuscripts, especially Americana and 19th-century authors (Dickens, Conrad, Wilde); and the original manuscript of James Joyce’s Ulysses. Read more about the history of the museum and its collections.

The Rosenbach rare book library

In Conversation with the Rosenbach

Edward G. Pettit will be moderating the discussion on Thursday night, centered around Printer’s Error and other topics in the history of print and book collecting.  For full information, including where to get tickets, please visit the Rosenbach event page.

The program will be followed by a book signing. A limited number of copies of Printer’s Error will be available for sale at the event; to guarantee a copy, you may pre-order the book with your ticket
at a discount.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

1. Andy Kilpatrick says:

your book was great, rebecca. congratulations, andy

2. Robert Frye says:

I was surprised on Pawn Stars that you did not handle the Gutenberg Bible page with gloves on

On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 12:52 PM, Aldine by Rebecca Romney wrote:

> rebeccaromney posted: “On Thursday, April 27th, 6pm-7pm, I’ll be at the > Rosenbach Museum in Center City, Philadelphia, for a book signing and Q&A > about my book Printer’s Error. The Rosenbach Museum & Library The Rosenbach > houses the collections of the Rosenbach brothe” >

3. John Langford says:

Could I order a signed copy of your new book?

1. Send Community Bookstore a note asking if they still have signed copies from the event I did there recently – if so, you can order one online from them: http://www.communitybookstore.net/

Thanks!

4. Renald Parcesepe says:

Rebecca,Technical question that I feel only you can answer. I recently purchased a rare magic book and it has a very strong musty smell, how to get rid of the smell?Help,Rennie Parcesepe

From: Aldine by Rebecca Romney To: rennie2444@yahoo.com Sent: Monday, April 24, 2017 9:52 AM Subject: [New post] In Conversation with the Rosenbach: Q&A Event on 27 April #yiv1918424315 a:hover {color:red;}#yiv1918424315 a {text-decoration:none;color:#0088cc;}#yiv1918424315 a.yiv1918424315primaryactionlink:link, #yiv1918424315 a.yiv1918424315primaryactionlink:visited {background-color:#2585B2;color:#fff;}#yiv1918424315 a.yiv1918424315primaryactionlink:hover, #yiv1918424315 a.yiv1918424315primaryactionlink:active {background-color:#11729E;color:#fff;}#yiv1918424315 WordPress.com | rebeccaromney posted: “On Thursday, April 27th, 6pm-7pm, I’ll be at the Rosenbach Museum in Center City, Philadelphia, for a book signing and Q&A about my book Printer’s Error.The Rosenbach Museum & LibraryThe Rosenbach houses the collections of the Rosenbach brothe” | |

1. A professional conservator would be able to answer this question better, but first just try to air it out. That can help with some smells. If the musty smell is from mold and damp, that’s a different story. In that case it would require special treatment and should be segregated from your other books.

5. Erick Aparicio says:

Hi Rebecca, is there any chance that you will be in New York City, perhaps signing books or doing a Q&A similar to the one you have done in Philadelphia anytime soon? I just found out about this event a day too late, and only an hour drive’s distance am I to the museum. In any case, the book sounds fantastic; books about books are actually my favorite types of books to read haha